Sunday, November 18, 2012

Bountiful Basket Thanksgiving

I sure hope you've found your nearby Bountiful Baskets coop location by now.  If not, review this older post for details. If you can your own, they often have cases of fruit or vegies at a low cost, in case your garden doesn't support a favorite item.
I picked up my $16.50 basket yesterday, and it was just amazing. There are tomatoes, lettuce and celery for the green salad; lots of celery for the stuffing, lots of fruit (oranges, apples, bananas, melon, pineapple and 2 pomelo -- look that one up!) for the fruit salad and 5 of the largest russet mashing potatoes I've ever seen.  If I were not going to make a pumpkin pie, I'd only need the turkey and a few onions and we could call it a meal!

Just imagine how nice the Christmas basket will be!! Being frugal doesn't mean a life of deprivation.  It just means embracing and living a process that allows you to have a bountiful life without having to sell your soul to get it!

No comments:

Post a Comment