Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Thanks for the Liebster Award!

Connie from Frugal Living on the Watkins Ranch kindly nominated me for a Liebster Award. THANKS CONNIE!!! I've learned a lot from you!

Shortly after, K from Planning and Foresight nominated me too.  THANKS K!! I learn from you virtually every time you post!

My cup runneth over!

From what I can tell, the award is for relatively new bloggers, with 200 or fewer followers. The other rules are:

1. Thank your Liebster Award presenter on your blog and link back to their blog.

2. Answer the 5 questions from the nominator, list 5 random facts about yourself and create 5 questions for your nominees.

3. Present the Liebster Blog Award to 3 to 5 blogs of 200 followers or less whom you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog to let them know they have been chosen.

4. Copy and paste the blog award on to your blog. It is an award so show it off.



So, got to follow the rules (which is a rare event for me!).

Answer the 5 questions from the nominator ( times 2):

From Connie:

1. What is your favorite holiday?  Memorial Day.  The weather is perfect, my peonies are in bloom and we formally remember the patriots (with or without uniforms!) who gave and have preserved us a nation. My Dad was one of those, so since his passing the holiday has taken on even more meaning.

2. What would your ultimate vacation be? See #4 below!

3. What’s one thing you couldn’t live without? Lip balm. My skin is really dry and I've had chapped lips since I was a kid. Lip balm is a major quality of life item for me. I love my husband, but he's not a thing!

4. If you won a million dollars, what is the first thing you would buy?

A place (20+ acres) near Albuquerque as a guest ranch where non-profits like Canine Companions and Guide Dogs for the Blind could match people with their dogs and help them become teams.  When the dogs are gone, my friends could stay in the cabins and we could hike and BBQ in the cool mountain air. Life would be like one big vacation!
(Update: That's been a dream for many years. Given the current situation, I might change NM to a place near a town in MT)


5. What is your least favorite thing to do? Have dental work, for sooo many reasons.


From K:

1- What is your favorite color? To look at, periwinkle blue. To wear, jade green.

2- What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow? Silly Rabbit! There is only one possible answer: African or European?

3- What started you into blogging? A case of the shingles and a prescription for percocet! Seriously, I was loopy on pain meds for the shingles and at the same time really bored and philosophical.
 
4- What is your favorite disaster/survival movie? Probably the Volcano movie with Pierce Brosnan and Linda Hamilton (Dante's Peak?). It has a lot of cornball bad science, but he's handsome and I'm a volcanic geochemist by education...

5- If you only had three plugs for electricity: What would you have plugged in? (no power strips!) My bread machine, a fridge and use the other to charge my tablet and cell phone. Dear Husband will just have to learn to like whatever hairdo I can manage without all the hair tools! 

5 Random Facts about me:

1. I am 100% a dog person. Although I'm allergic to cats, it wouldn't make any difference.
2. I really love making preserves from fruit I grow, so I just planted 3 more fruit trees, including 2 Montrose Apricots (late bloom, late harvest, self-fertile, edible pit). These were developed for cold areas at higher altitude and until recently were very hard to find and expensive. I found a low-cost source and pounced!

3. Sometimes I think too much. I'm a scientist by nature and education. Much of life is a science experiment, from developing bread recipes to deciding what route to take to town. If the experiment fails, try another approach! Yup, I'm a senior citizen geek!

4. I'm a terrible housekeeper. Not a candidate for the Hoarders shows, just not very tidy. It could be related to #3 -- I only see the relevant information. The mess is just background noise.

5. Not a big surprise, but I'm a fiscal conservative. Maybe Gilligan's Island was too much influence on me as a child.  I still remember the 'play' they performed that featured the song "Neither a borrower nor a lender be...." Still good advice!

This post is getting way too long, so I'll continue the Award-passing part of the process for the next posting. Thanks again to Connie and K from your humble servant, MM.

No comments:

Post a Comment